Monday, August 17, 2009

Rob - Preamble

Hello World!

I am Rob. Yogi, meditator, musician, vegan and spiritual explorer. My bio is actually quite similar to my counterpart Heather's. Yogi for 2 1/2 years, with a strong emphasis in Mysore style Ashtanga and Yin but with dabblings in the many other styles. I'm also a dedicated vipassana meditator and Buddhist with most of my exposure in the Theravadan school. So far my practice has helped me to overcome depression and anxiety, become more health conscious and just to become a better person in general. I am truly grateful for all that I have learned.

Like Heather I'm starting this blog to make a commitment that is something bigger than myself - to practice yoga in some form every day for a full year. This is not to become overly striving or obsessive. Rather, it is to explore the transformative process that will unfold by following a truly dedicated practice. I've had long streaks in practice before and the results have been amazing. But somehow or another I always fall of the train and lose all the momentum I've gained. It is my hope that having to answer to the online world will keep me accountable and will ensure my full investment in the process. Frankly I can't wait to see where it takes me!

So sit back and relax as we explore the deepest reaches of our practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment