Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Heather - Day Two

Today may have been the hardest day of all. I just DID not want to practice after working all day. Mostly because I found out that my license has been suspended for five years now unbeknownst to me due to a speeding ticket I don't even remember getting. It was a VERY expensive ticket! So after spending almost three hours trying to figure out what happened and get it all arranged, I was a little down and definitely in the mood to pacify myself with episodes of South Park or phone conversations with friends and family rather than practice even thirty minutes of yoga!

But I did it. My hamstrings and quads were begging me for attention - being a little sore from the day before and after all, I had made a commitment: I wasn't about to call it quits on the second day for goodness sake!

So I put on a short dharma talk by Ajahn Sucitto which was really more of a guided meditation centered in the breath and proceeded through about thirty minutes of yin yoga. Honestly? It was a relief. Physically, mentally, emotionally, I felt better, more at ease afterwards. I think I slept better as well, though I usually don't have problems with sleep anyway. I was glad I did it regardless of the trepidation and laziness I was feeling so strongly at the time. It is amazing, how, even when we know it to be true from past experience, we can forget how much better healthy habits make us feel. It is so seductive and easy to fall back on the little habits of mindless TV, a cigarette, or a hot fudge sundae we have or have had to lean on in the past for comfort or convenience when it seems like too much effort to address the true needs of our bodies, minds, and spirits.

WishinG you happiness and metta from a little dot in the universe called Boston,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment